Sunday 22 March 2009

Baby kangaroo ("pinky") update

I must confess that when I posted that story about a friend of mine rescuing a baby kangaroo, I was a bit worried the wee little pinky might not make it.

Then I caught up with the same friend last week. I was delighted to hear that WIRES had called her a little while after the event with some good news. The pinky joey had survived and was doing well!

She is being cared for by a local pinky expert who raises other orphaned baby kangaroos. So she has some playmates as well!

And she now has a name. They've named her "Joanne". Joanne, the joey. Geddit? :)

I do love a good news story.

You can read about Joanne's rescue here.

5 comments:

  1. I don't get it actually. Why do You call every little animal joey despite them having other names?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow,we are happy for the little roo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Koala", you'll have to learn more about koalas if you're going to use that name ;)

    See my latest post, "What is a pinky/pinkie?".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got that nickname from my boyfriend cause I'm a cuddler. One time I had a grey jacket on and really sleepy eyes and my hair was a bit wild like around koalas ears and I hugged him - he said I'm just like a koala and the name stuck with me ever since.

    ReplyDelete