Wednesday 7 March 2007

Slings and arrows of outrageous koalawrangling

Of course, you can tell by now that I'm a bit of a klutz. Still, somehow, koalawrangling "injuries" seem more glamorous.
I've just been contemplating my various koalawrangling ailments:

* a bruise on each forearm (from toting leaf bundles)
* a bruise on my right leg (from banging into a leaf rack)
* a puncture wound in my left palm (from arranging leaf stems)
* two scratches on my right wrist (from cutting branches)

Actually, they're not too dissimilar to the wounds I used to come home with from the office, to wit:

* various paper cuts
* bruises on legs (from colliding into desk in mad rush to chuck letterhead in the printer)

Of course, you can tell by now that I'm a bit of a klutz. Still, somehow, koalawrangling "injuries" seem more glamorous.

I narrowly avoided a koala falling on top of me the other day: Wiruna Lucky, in the picture below, was moving in towards me in search for more formula. Lucky's eyesight is very poor which makes her movements a little clumsy. As you can see by her suspended rear left foot, she's on the move, with me directly beneath her. Fortunately, they're more sure-footed than they look...

Wiruna Lucky Wiruna Lucky.From koalawrangler's gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment